Benefits of Membership
Your membership entitles you to many benefits, including those both tangible and intangible. The benefits you realize will increase with your participation.
- Liaison and Committee Participation
- Training through seminars, courses, conferences and publications
- LEAP (Leadership in Engineering Administration Program) for young professionals
- Up-to-date information from the organization's newsletter, website, and E-mail
- State and federal legislative activities on tort reform, liability, indemnity, wage and hour, OSHA, procurement and a myriad of varied issues
- Direct involvement with the State Board of Technical Registration
- Availability of coalitions to pursue special interests and issues
- Peer Review
- Annual Salary Survey
- Engineering Excellence Awards
- Scholarships for member firm employees or family members of employees
- Business Insurance, Life/Health Insurance, and ACEC Retirement Trust
- Credit union membership and discounts on rental car and other business services
- All member firms are listed on the ACEC/AZ website
- A professional ACEC/AZ staff to assist you and your firm when and as needed!
- Affiliation with engineers to enhance engineering presence in the marketplace and to promote engineering business interests
- Student outreach and career days
- Exchange of ideas and problem solving with peers in management
- Recognition of your firm and key individuals in your firm
- Marketing and networking opportunities
- Professional development
- Promoting and maintaining an ethical environment
- Benefiting from the power of group activities, i.e., Qualifications-based Selection, contract language, lobbying, etc. on national, state and local level
- Participation in programs for decision makers that may influence projects from an engineering viewpoint
- Promote engineering aspects of local projects to community
- Press Releases and feature articles in local publications
Networking/Marketing: Expand Your Presence in the Engineering Community
Meetings and social functions are held with peers to discuss common business interests and partnering opportunities, as well as current trends and problem solving in engineering and management. You can capitalize on hassle-free contacts with quality businesses by utilizing ACEC AZ Sustaining Members (blueprint companies, aerial mapping, attorneys, etc.). ACEC AZ offers you the opportunity to interface with architects, contractors, homebuilders, public works officials, and private clients.
Liaison Committees: Build Ties with Public Agencies
ACEC AZ has ongoing, established relationships with local, state, and federal agencies. Monthly meetings are held for you to meet with key government entities to discuss upcoming projects and issues as well as to promote common interests and the use of ACEC AZ Members.
Agencies include: ADOT; City of Phoenix Engineering; City of Phoenix Development Services; Maricopa County; Tucson, South Tucson, Marana, & Oro Valley, Pima County; Pinal County; City of Scottsdale; East Valley (Mesa, Chandler, Tempe, Gilbert, Apache Junction); West Valley (Glendale, Litchfield Park, Surprise, Peoria, Tolleson); Flagstaff & Northern Arizona.
Solutioneering: The Winning Edge
ACEC AZ hosts frequent "Solutioneering" programs where client groups discuss upcoming projects with you as well as the methods and procedures needed to win them. "Solutioneering" is held across the four corners of Arizona with public and private clients. These clients are encouraged to use the services of ACEC AZ Members and have access to our exclusive membership directory.
Government Advocacy: An Engineer's Voice in Local, State, & National Issues
ACEC AZ well established, effective lobbying team maintains an active and influential presence at the State Capitol, screens all bills for impact on the engineering community, and testifies at Legislative Hearings on key engineering issues. ACEC AZ sponsors priority legislation in the areas of qualifications based selection, design/build, indemnification, prompt pay, certificate of merit, etc. ACEC AZ has an informed political action committee and aggressive candidate support system. Close ties with the State Board of Technical Registration, Arizona Department of Transportation, and the Cities and Counties exist. ACEC AZ will diligently address your legal and contractual concerns in a timely manner.
Professional Development: Affordable Continuing Education
Multiple seminars and workshops are held throughout Arizona which provide top-notch, low cost education on a variety of meaningful topics. Professional development hours are earned by all attendees. ACEC AZ offers a "Leadership in Engineering Administration Program" for upwardly mobile young professional engineers in order to help develop successful leaders who please your clients and make money for your firm.
Community Outreach: Understanding & Esteem
ACEC AZ circulates information promoting the professional responsibilities and services of consulting engineers. Private practice engineering is conveyed to the public with the aim of developing understanding and appreciation for the value provided by consulting engineers. Programs in the past have included Habitat for Humanity, mall exhibits, and our school library program which distributes entertaining and educational engineering books for K-8th graders to make engineering accessible and exciting.
News & Viewz: Part of the Solution
ACEC AZ's monthly newsletter is filled with pertinent state and national information on business, legal, and professional matters important to Arizona consultants. Vital issues such as client news, improved operations, marketing, financing options, industry trends, professional development, liaison reports, upcoming projects, and the calendar of events are covered.
Publications: Extensive Information for Your Business Needs
The popular Salary and Benefits Survey of all ACEC AZ member firms is conducted annually to reflect the latest Arizona salary trends. Results are only distributed to principals of member firms. ACEC AZ maintains a lending library stocked with career-oriented information covering a wide range of business issues including leadership, human resources management, project management, contract and legal issues, etc. Member discounts are available on all Engineers Joint Contract Documents (owner-engineer agreements, design/build contracts, engineers-subconsultants agreements, etc.). Twice a year, the Local Government Directory which lists cities, counties, and key state agencies is offered by ACEC AZ at a discounted price.
Engineering Excellence Awards: Let Your Accomplishments Shine
ACEC AZ's annual awards program is designed to recognize excellence in engineering and gives your firm the opportunity to show-off an outstanding project for public exposure and marketing benefits at both the state and national levels. Your team members can exhibit their skills to clients and peers.
Arizona Central Credit Union: A No-cost Benefit for Your Employees
Membership is available to all employees of your firm. Arizona Central Credit Union offers services including car loans, IRAs, 1st mortgage and home equity loans, and savings and checking accounts.
American Council of Engineering Companies: National Partner
The American Council of Engineering Companies(ACEC) aids ACEC AZ members by providing multiple member benefits including federal legislation, sensitizing legislators to consulting engineers' concerns, working to decrease government regulation, attempting to eliminate unfair competition, and creating new business for your firm. Within ACEC, numerous opportunities to serve on national committees exist. The services of ACEC are just a phone call away to help you in every aspect of your business. Call ACEC at (202) 347-7474 or refer to their website at www.acec.org.
ACEC Bottom-line Benefits: Pays to Save
Business Insurance: ACEC Business Insurance plan is an excellent value that minimizes overhead.
- Dividends are paid on all lines of insurance (general liability, workers comp, automobile, property).
- Life/Health Insurance: Provides good value and quality service on comprehensive medical insurance, employee and dependent life insurance, disability income, hospital indemnity, dental and vision care.
- ACEC Retirement Trust: Great West Retirement Services is the quality provider for the ACEC Retirement Trust. The retirement program is price reduced for members, flexible, suited for individual needs, full-service, and convenient. Defined benefit, profit sharing, money purchase, 401(k), and target plans are available. With $850 million in assets, the Trust provides solid returns, safety of principal, and extremely low administration charges.
Call (800) 521-9463.